Why does BR Scouts use Office365?
BR Scouts uses Office 365 to provide Adult volunteers in the district with anywhere access to professional email, calendar, collaborative team working, HD video conferencing, and more. Designed to help charities do more good, this fantastic suite of tools provides BR Scout Groups/Units and adult volunteers with access to Office Online and Microsoft’s best-in-class cloud-based productivity and collaboration software.
- All emails are hosted on a private enterprise class server meaning potentially sensitive information is kept safe.
- All emails are automatically scanned for malicious content and phishing and quarantined for review by the recipient before being released/deleted by the recipient to their mailbox.
- With a custom domain name such as email@example.com, Parents and outside organisations can be a lot more confident of your identity when receiving emails.
- Access to the District Directory.
Maintains segregation of scouting and personal email
- A Scouting email address allows you to manage and maintain a Scout-Life balance by keeping your Scouting mailbox separate from your personal inbox.
Security Document Storage
- Individual user account with file storage and sharing with 1 TB of OneDrive storage
- Team/Group collaboration services to securely store & backup documents (SharePoint). Essential for succession planning.
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration. The service integrates with our Office 365 subscription and features extensions that can integrate with non-Microsoft products. Microsoft Teams is a comparable to services such as Slack, WhatsApp and Zoom and is the evolution from Skype for Business. Teams allows communities, groups, or teams to join online voice or video meetings through a link or invitation or host live broadcasts.
MS Teams is more secure than Zoom as it is encrypted end-to-end and only those invited can join a meeting.
Microsoft Teams live events are an extension of Teams meetings that enable you to schedule and produce events that stream to large online audiences!There are two ways you can produce a live event:
|Teams||Plug in your laptop and go…Produce the live event using Teams, a lightweight option to create the event and invite presenters and panelists to participate on their own devices.|
|An external app or device||Professional camera and sound setupProduce the live event using an external hardware or software encoder via Microsoft Stream. Use this option if you already have a production setup (for example, media mixers) that supports streaming to an RTMP service. This method is typically used in auditorium events, such as town halls, where a stream from a media mixer is broadcast to the audience.|
Who can attend live events
If an event is public, anyone who has the link can attend without logging in.
If attendance is restricted to your org or to specific people and groups, attendees will need to log in to join.