Being a Beaver
When you join Beavers, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things. Here’s everything you need to know.
Activities and what you’ll get up to
Get an introduction to outdoor activities, have the opportunity to be creative, explore your local community and experience the excitement of a Beaver Scout sleepover with your friends.
Find your local Group
- Search by Postcode
- Ramsbottom District Explorer Unit
- 11th/24th Bury (St John’s with St Mark’s)
- 9th Ramsbottom (St Philips C.E.)
- 2nd Ramsbottom (St Paul’s C.E)
- 3rd Ramsbottom (St Joseph’s)
- 1st Ramsbottom (St Andrew’s)
- 5th Ramsbottom (Holcombe)
- 7th Ramsbottom (Greenmount)
- 52nd Bury (1st Unsworth)
- 12th Bury (St.Annes Tottington)
- 34th Bury (St Stephens)
- 20th Bury (St Peter’s)
- 48th Bury (St Paul’s)
- 53rd Bury (Seedfield Methodist)
- 44th Bury (R.O.B.O.T.)
- 9th Bury (Christ Church Walmersley)
Completing awards challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
As a values based movement we all make the ‘The Promise’ an oath that helps us to be our best
Moving up to Cubs
Eventually, it’ll be time to say farewell to Beavers and embrace your next big adventure.
Uniform and badge placement
You don’t need a uniform to join. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them!
All of our leaders are trained volunteers, working to make sure Scouting is safe, inclusive and accessible. Some lead the Colony week in and week out. Others visit occasionally to help run a session or drop in to share their skills. No matter how much time you have to spare, find out about volunteering on your own terms.