Whether you are a Network Member, parent of a child in Scouting, or someone who is totally new to Scouting you’ve come to the right place!
One of the biggest myths about Scouting is that Groups are closing down due to a lack of young people wanting to become Members. Nothing could be further from the truth; in the UK there are over 500,000 people enjoying Scouting, 13,000 of those are in Cheshire and around 1,500 in Mersey Weaver! Scouting is a growing Movement!
There are lots of ways you can get involved as a parent, from helping out occasionally on a parent rota to volunteering your time as a leader. Our volunteering opportunities are as varied as you! Because whether you’re helping a leader to run an activity in the local village hall, organising a night away, or buttering 120 slices of bread for a group of very hungry eleven year olds – no two Scout meetings are the same. The difference you make, though, is always great.
There are many reasons why adults choose to volunteer for Scouting. Here are some that existing volunteers have given:
- To give something back to the community
- To support the Leaders
- Because volunteering is a ‘good thing
- As an enabler, so the Leader can do more
- To spend more quality time with your child
- To develop your own skills and do something practical
- To enjoy and rediscover adventure for yourself
- To live a healthier more active lifestyle
What do Scouts do?
Sections usually meet on one evening during the week, although they may also go to camps and other days out throughout the year.
Whilst the activities they take part in will depend on their age, each Section gives young people the opportunity to learn by doing.
Leaders in The Scout Association are trained to deliver this programme, ensuring our young people stay safe while they enjoy themselves and learn.
The next step…
Find you local group and to express your interest, click here
Find your local Group
- Search by Postcode
- Ramsbottom District Explorer Unit
- 11th/24th Bury (St John’s with St Mark’s)
- 9th Ramsbottom (St Philips C.E.)
- 2nd Ramsbottom (St Paul’s C.E)
- 3rd Ramsbottom (St Joseph’s)
- 1st Ramsbottom (St Andrew’s)
- 5th Ramsbottom (Holcombe)
- 7th Ramsbottom (Greenmount)
- 52nd Bury (1st Unsworth)
- 12th Bury (St.Annes Tottington)
- 34th Bury (St Stephens)
- 20th Bury (St Peter’s)
- 48th Bury (St Paul’s)
- 53rd Bury (Seedfield Methodist)
- 44th Bury (R.O.B.O.T.)
- 9th Bury (Christ Church Walmersley)